None in Great Britain could pronounce my full name correctly: Tika Widyaningtyas. Even some Indonesians often miss-spell my surname. That’s the reason why people eventually call me ‘Tika We’ [ti.kæ.weɪ].
I was raised in rural areas in Central Java. I was born in Brebes, but I grew up in Klaten until 1998 riot, then moved to a safer place in Tegal. Living in a small city didn’t stop me pursuing a higher education.
The facts about me:
- Granted the Flagship Scholarship by The Indonesian Directorate General of Higher Education (DIKTI) to take a bachelor degree in the Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember (ITS) after I won the National Olympiad of Statistics (2006) which was held by the institution;
- Granted the Education of Indonesia Scholarship by the Indonesia Endowment Fund for Education to take a master degree in Social Statistics at the University of Southampton, United Kingdom;
- Co-founder of Kelas Negarawan Muda, a youth movement for political education, subsidiary of a national volunteering organisation TurunTangan;
- A vegetarian rookie who is addicted to plant-based foods;
- Level 4 TripAdvisor contributor. I do travel for fun, friendship, and (of course) foods!
The top topics I cover on this blog are (click to see the posts):
- Concise diary about my life in the UK: Sok British
- Scholarships for Indonesians: Catatan Pribadi Beasiswaku
- Volunteering activities: Catatan Relawan
- Plant-based foods and beverages recipe or review: Tropical Vegetarian
Catatan: Terima kasih sahabat kesayangan, Dwini Artshecatsy atas logo dan ikonnya.